OpenArc - Empowering Your Career. As a leading IT staffing firm, we are dedicated to connecting talented professionals with your ideal opportunities. We are currently seeking a qualified Applications Engineer to join our client’s organization and contribute to their ongoing success.
We are searching for an experienced Applications Engineer for our corporate Pittsburgh, PA location. This position will operate and manage the Firm’s desktop and laptop operating system environment and support business applications to ensure high levels of stability and security.
- Provide Tier II and III and on-call support experience for desktop and laptop systems.
- Manage the Firm’s endpoint and removable media encryption software.
- Design and implement endpoint management solutions using Microsoft Intune, including policies, profiles, and applications.
- Design and implement Autopilot deployment solutions for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices.
- Configure and manage device enrollment, compliance policies, and conditional access policies.
- Develop and implement automation solutions using PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Provide end-user support for Intune-managed devices.
- Collaborate with other engineers, project managers, and stakeholders to understand business requirements, propose solutions, and provide updates on project progress.
- Evaluate new Intune features and capabilities and make recommendations for their adoption.
- Monitor and report on endpoint management solution performance and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Manage and troubleshoot the Firm’s DMS integration with the desktop environment and Microsoft Office applications.
- Troubleshoot and test with vendors and support to resolve issues.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user and Firm needs.
- Record technical issues and solutions accurately in Firm ticketing systems.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to address unresolved problems and find solutions.
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation, processes and knowledge base articles.
- Advance knowledge with Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Autopilot, and Azure.
- Microsoft server stack - Server, Exchange, Azure, Domain, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Proven work experience as a desktop support engineer, application support technician or related position.
- Extensive experience working with popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, such as ServiceNow.
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients.
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications for a large company.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
At OpenArc, we prioritize your career success and strive to build exceptional technical teams for our clients. By understanding your experience and aspirations, we ensure to present you with rewarding and fulfilling opportunities.
As an employee of OpenArc and our clients, you will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
OpenArc is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.