Union Trust Building 501 Grant St , Ste 200
| Work from home flexibility
Job Category: Database
Job Number: 6664
We are searching for a Database Administration Lead for our corporate Pittsburgh, PA office. This position will be responsible for all database systems to ensure that all Firm application databases are secure, reliable, scalable, and to keep operations running smoothly. The Database Administration Lead will also help shape the companys direction around design, development, and transition to broader enterprise database platforms.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the areas of
- Database Design standards and processes including naming conventions, policies, capacity, accessibility, scalability, and documentation.
- Database Architectural standards, specifically as it relates to security, availability, replication, storage, and configuration management.
- Uses advanced tuning and troubleshooting tools to identify and monitor current and potential opportunities for performance improvements and stability and compiles implementation plans and actionable recommendations.
- Responsibilities will include working with consultants or internal resources to lead the initiatives or projects involving the design, architecture and optimization of all of the application database systems. This could include the need to develop implementation plans/projects and execute said projects.
- Understand and provide technical assistance to developers on SQL Server complex query development, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, and SSRS Packages
- Ability to troubleshoot complex database issues as they arise. This could include application-level issues, server hardware or operating system issues such as security, and deadlocks, network level issues, and Cloud vs. On-prem issues.
- Develop, maintain, and document, in conjunction with Departmental standards and procedures, database backup and recovery procedures along with best practices for monitoring performance.
- Review Hardware/OS/Application specifications and requirements to provide appropriate recommendations.
- We currently utilize an external database service provider to perform general database administration. Continue to utilize this service or work with supervisor to develop plan, if it’s more cost effective, to bring this work in-house. This will result in the role being a direct supervisor of that resource.
- Interface with vendors as needed for technical support and customizations when necessary.
- Maintain separate development and testing environments to protect the production environment and to eliminate contention among the varied activities.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with administering and optimizing enterprise level database systems, SQL Servers, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Data Lakes.
- Cloud experience required.
- Must also have in-depth advanced expertise with relational database structures, data security, storage solutions, database virtualization, replication, and clustering as well as other complex technical tools and solutions.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of the interrelationship of hardware, OS, SQL DBMS, VMWare.
- Demonstrated ability to qualitatively and objectively evaluate and recommend technological changes in the context of business requirements.
- Creative problem solver and troubleshooter
- Excellent dedication, persistence, diligence, initiative, dependability, and organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork, adaptability, and sense of client and coworker service.
- Requires sound communication and team working skills. -- working often as part of a team explaining to other technical personnel the changes needed to maintain a database's stability. This includes a demonstrated ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate with all levels of users, managers, and vendors.
- Must be able to work in teams and independently.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.