3340 Peachtree Rd NE Suite 1275
| Fully Remote
Job Category: Database
Job Number: 6605
Our company is hiring a Data Analyst.
- Works cross-functionally with Software Development, QA, Accounting, and Analytics to proactively monitor for issues, track organizational progress, and solve problems.
- Ideal candidate is fluent in SQL and has some exposure to No SQL platforms such as MongoDB.
- Establish pro-active monitoring of production databases and related systems to identify capacity and performance issues
- Determine ways to improve performance by suggesting configuration changes, tuning, indexing, query changes, etc.
- Assist in optimization of queries, stored procedures, and their usage to maximize performance while satisfying business requirements.
- Design, plan, implement, and test automated backup and disaster recovery processes.
- Coordinate with other technical and business teams to solve database level issues.
- Support Agile development efforts balanced with longer-term continuity, stability, and enterprise operational issues.
- Implement, and administer automated ETL processes for data cleaning, archiving, and warehousing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of relational database design principles.
- Experience with enterprise database administration and high-availability production environments
- Demonstrated experience in working on root cause analysis for SQL Server database issues.
- Exposure to both transactional/operation database design and/or data warehouse design
- Ability to apply deep knowledge of DB platforms to optimize DB query performance
- Exposure to variety of alternate SQL and no SQL platforms
- Programming and/or scripting experience in bash, python, C-family languages, or PHP
- Experience with ETL tools such as AirFlow, or <DBT>
- Focused and self-driven: able to take on high-level and/or ambiguous assignments, break them down into do-able steps, ask the right questions, set realistic expectations, and drive for results.
- A cooperative team-player that leads pro-actively through reason and respect for the viewpoints and experiences of others.
- Able to evangelize theories and principle of best practice, yet aware of their practical limitations in real-world situations.
- Remains unbiased toward any specific vendor or technology choice; is more interested in results than personal preferences.
- Is motivated by long-term results.
- creative problem solver who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic, cross-functional environment
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.