OpenArc - Empowering Your Career. As a leading IT staffing firm, we are dedicated to connecting talented professionals with your ideal opportunities. We are currently seeking a qualified Director of Risk Management to join our client’s organization and contribute to their ongoing success.
The successful candidate will be accountable for identifying, measuring and managing insurable or hazard risks, analyzing risk/insurance challenges, informing/influencing key risk stakeholders, and implementing efficient and effective risk management solutions.
- Develop programs to protect against financial loss resulting from; damage to company property; business interruption; liability arising from property damage or injury to employees, contractors, and the public
- Analyze and review all current property and casualty insurance coverage needs based on the company’s exposure to loss
- Maintain a proper balance among: losses retained, risk control, insurance premiums, and administrative costs;
- Maintain proper schedule of values for all real and personal property, and business interruption exposures
- Develop coverage specifications and submit directly to underwriters
- Review proposals for all coverage lines, negotiate terms and make recommendations on final products
- Review all issued insurance policies for accuracy
- Maintain an insurance register that details all relevant information for each in-force policy;
- Process insurance premium payments
- Issue certificates of insurance and annual auto ID cards as required.
Contracts and Agreements
- Develop, maintain, and communicate indemnification and insurance criteria for contractors and vendors – including standard templates for use in company contracts/agreements;
- Review sales agreements, leases, contracts and other corporate agreements for liabilities or exposure areas that should be avoided and provide acceptable terms;
- Analyze and evaluate potential risk exposures presented by proposed new corporate ventures and acquisitions and provide recommendations for the appropriate management of the risks; and
- Obtain approval of contract terms and issue surety bonds when required.
- Represent company in mediations of litigated matters and settlement negotiations;
- Maintain a litigation management system that details defense counsel in each area where the company operates;
- Attend periodic claims review with TPA adjusters that focuses on claim strategy and reserve adequacy;
- Provide safety managers and business unit managers with historical and open claims;
- Conference with third party administrator (TPA) adjusters on individual claims as needed; and
- Review and approve reserve increases and payment authorizations requested by TPA.
- Maintain resident and non-resident property/casualty insurance agent licenses
- Visit plants and business unit facilities to discuss company activities, loss exposures, and risk management strategies with operational management
- Maintain strong relationships with insurers and external brokers
- Develop the annual overall cost of risk and allocate the cost among the various business units on an equitable basis through the annual budget process
- Provide actuaries updated loss triangles, large loss history and exposure information on a semi-annual basis to ensure reserving and budget accuracy
- Review reserving policies and positions with external auditors
- Prepare periodic reports on risk management for presentation to senior management; and
- Prepare annual Risk Management Department budget
- Risk management leadership experience in heavy industry or a like field of business
- Other Training/Certifications preferred; Licensed Property/Casualty Insurance Agent Associate in Risk Management (ARM); Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Demonstrated experience in claims management and management of key relationships including internal and external attorneys, underwriters, and adjustors
- Broad-based risk management or commercial property/casualty insurance experience – preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other MS Office applications
At OpenArc, we prioritize your career success and strive to build exceptional technical teams for our clients. By understanding your experience and aspirations, we ensure to present you with rewarding and fulfilling opportunities.
As an employee of OpenArc and our clients, you will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
OpenArc is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.