The Senior Software Engineer role will look to join the Technology Services group of Digital Solutions and will contribute across several projects critical to our success. The primary role of this position is to develop and deliver high-quality, production-grade application software in the healthcare domain that meets or exceeds customer expectations. The position will include collaborating on the definition of software development efforts, collecting requirements, developing code, creating documentation, and deploying to production systems.
Implementation tasks and projects could include a wide span of software solutions and applications. The role will require a broad background in computer science, the application of many different programming languages, a complete set of programming/debugging skills, ability to adapt and change, and an aptitude for continuous learning.
The Senior Software Engineer will be able to define and lead new software projects to a high-quality bar, which will deliver significant impact including direct engagement of end-user stakeholders to support their needs and communicate progress.
- On-time delivery of valuable products
- Participation and Effective Proactive Communication
- Actively participate in group interactions like Get-Smarter Talks, Demo Days, All Hands, etc.
- Exhibits diplomacy and interpersonal skills that lead others to provide inputs for the purposes of improving planning or implementation
- Project Quality
- Software Engineers are responsible for the quality of the product. This includes:
- Developing integration tests and performance tests, where applicable, to ensure the code is tested before moving it to the Test environment
- Understands and is an advocate for engineering best practices
- Codes complex or high-risk components.
- Continuous Improvement
- Look for friction points in development and opportunities to remove them or add accelerators.
- Improve collaboration within the team and across teams to improve culture, reduce friction, empower/enthuse staff and share knowledge and solutions.z
- Understands and leads improvements in engineering best practices to reduce defects and increase team velocity
- Operational Support
- Participates in 24x7 Operational Support for applications in production, as required.
- Project Planning
- Mentoring / Coaching
- Mentor junior developers on engineering best practices
- Conduct design and reviews
- Experience in complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver.
- A comparable combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the above-stated preferences
- Experience using, developing, and managing for MacOS, Linux, UNIX, and/or Microsoft Windows systems.
- Experience of containerization development and deployment
- Experience of cloud native solutions design (AWS, Google, Azure, other)
- Understanding of database programming and management.
- Proficient in web protocols, RPC systems, RESTFUL design
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Ability to construct engaging user interfaces.
- Demonstrated increasing responsibilities including the ability to develop significant software projects.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in and support a team-based environment.
- High initiative and be self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
- Relevant certifications to the skillset and responsibilities preferred (e.g. AWS/ Azure/ Kubernetes /Agile /SDLC /etc. certifications)
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.