OpenArc - Empowering Your Career. As a leading IT staffing firm, we are dedicated to connecting talented professionals with your ideal opportunities. We are currently seeking a qualified Jr. System Administrator to join our client’s organization and contribute to their ongoing success.
This is a professional position where the employee is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the computing infrastructure technologies and services delivered by the corporate network globally. Establish, promote and enforce infrastructure standards for operations, security and data integrity and for availability, performance and capacity management. Provide high-level support to IT team members in systems implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Support and maintain robust data center infrastructures across all locations to deliver high-availability (99.9%) server, application and network services.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, and other hardware and software systems.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Manage user accounts and permissions to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Participate in the validation and periodic testing of recovery procedures.
- Collaborate with other IT professionals to integrate new technologies and systems into existing environments.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance and upgrades as needed.
- Support and maintain the security controls protecting servers and computing services. Participate in the validation of controls. Recommend to management computing security process improvements.
- Provide ongoing analysis of infrastructure for optimal operation, integrity and stability. Monitor performance and capacity of computing services and data center operations. Participate in selecting and implementing hardware, software, outside services for delivering, managing, and monitoring reliable services.
- Lead and assist other IT teammates on Troubleshooting exercises – problem identification, resolution, communications, interfacing with IT Team and 3rd parties.
- Maintain and update infrastructure design and configuration documentation.
- Ensure optimum operating environment for data centers (power, cooling, cleanliness, etc.)
- Provide Technical Support for the Business Application Programs
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Related Field
- Experience as an IT Specialist with server exposure
- Knowledge of VMware/Virtual Environments
- VMWare Certifications Preferred
- Possess proficient knowledge of Servers, Storage, Operating Systems and back office / management applications.
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Scripting
- Knowledge of VMware/Virtual Environments
- Possess proficient knowledge and practical experience in the design and management of resilient Windows servers and services. VMWare
- Virtualization and Storage Area Networks experience preferred.
- Possess proficient problem-solving skills with ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess proficient knowledge of network and data communication protocols and technologies.
- Possess knowledge of project planning, management and documentation.
- Possess proficient listening and verbal communications skills to effectively communicate with end-users, IT professionals, and management personnel.
- Possess excellent customer service skills including courteous telephone techniques with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Possess ability to keep abreast with current systems technology and methodologies.
- Possess expert knowledge in the use of personal computers and office applications.
At OpenArc, we prioritize your career success and strive to build exceptional technical teams for our clients. By understanding your experience and aspirations, we ensure to present you with rewarding and fulfilling opportunities.
As an employee of OpenArc and our clients, you will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
OpenArc is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.