2100 Wharton Street , Ste 510
| Fully Remote
Job Category: Database
Job Number: 6687
As a MuleSoft Data Integration Engineer will be responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining our data architecture, including reporting and visualizations. The MuleSoft Data Integration Engineer will work with our IT team and stakeholders from other business functions to design, develop, and maintain our data architecture, as well as our data warehouse and data mart. The MuleSoft Data Integration Engineer will also be responsible for developing ETL processes to load data into our data warehouse and data mart. The ideal candidate will have experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Data Architect and Manager of Integration to establish and enforce good development team practices including peer and code reviews.
- Work with Data Architect to establish secure coding standards and guidelines for development team that will scale with changes in scope.
- Work with Business Analysts to translate requirements and user stories into functioning software.
- Troubleshoot and debug software.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Apply the appropriate standards, secure coding practices, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Support the Authority to Operate (ATO) process
- Mentor developers in software development best practices
- Build and maintain efficient data pipelines to and from various applications and databases
- Work closely with product and engineering to develop strategy for data ingestion architecture, tools, and processes
- Design, implement, test and monitor automated system for ingesting healthcare member, claims and quality data
- Create data feeds leveraging healthcare standards such as HL7v2, C-CDA, and FHIR
- Construct ETL pipelines for data extracts from HIEs, EMRs, payor databases, and other structured and unstructured sources
- Develop and build custom software and integrations for EMR interoperability with hospitals and providers
- Automate read, extract, transform, stage and load data processes using state of the art cloud-based tools
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data management systems using appropriate tools to perform data ingestion, transformation, cleansing and loading
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Filter and cleanse the data to remove errors and ensure consistency and completeness, employ ETL tools and programming skills to write scripts that correct errors through automation
- Ensure data is organized and properly stored in database structures to optimize performance and maintain history
- Work with the project team to define tasks, create work plans, identify issues affecting progress, and recommend solutions
- Communicate variances and potential scope changes in status reports, enumerate project-related expenses and resource constraints and recommend efficiencies
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience supporting Data Warehouse & Data related environments
- Experience in working with Web services using Informatica for external vendor data integration
- Experience in working with number of XML data sources & API Calls
- Solid experience in performance tuning ETL Jobs & Database queries
- Advanced AWS & SQL Server database skills including PL/SQL, packages, procedures, indexing and query tuning (3+ years)
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse design theory including dimensional data modeling
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps, Jira, TFS (Team Foundation Server) or other similar Agile Project Management tool
- Ability to thrive in change by having a fast, flexible, cooperative work style and ability to reprioritize at a moment’s notice
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.