OpenArc - Empowering Your Career. As a leading IT staffing firm, we are dedicated to connecting talented professionals with your ideal opportunities. We are currently seeking a qualified Outside Plant Engineer to join our client’s organization and contribute to their ongoing success.
The Outside Plant Engineer is part of the Engineering & Technology group and will support Outside Plant (OSP) engineering and design needs, as well as collaborating with the GIS Department. This position will work closely with the Sr. Manager of OSP Engineering and GIS in support of the 100% fiber optic cable buildout and expansion needs.
- Travels to customer sites to procure OSP project information, determining equipment requirements and best routing of OSP Plant.
- Conducts pole surveys and geographic information systems (GIS) surveys to engineer and design the fiber network while updating and maintaining OSP databases.
- Designs and prepares detailed work plans for construction or rearrangement of existing fiber optic cable, aerial, underground lines, and buried feeders.
- Actively seeks to resolve delays quickly and efficiently during the life cycle of the project.
- Serves as a liaison between the Company, OSP Construction Managers, contractors, public utility companies, and customers.
- Understand the proper deployment for FTTH/FTTP, PON, and transport fiber telecommunications infrastructure.
- Have an in-depth understanding of outside plant facilities such as cable sizing, cable counts, and cable records.
- Follow engineering standards and work as per market engineering specifications.
- Adhere to the scope, budget, and schedules for existing and new OSP projects.
- Communicate with Licensing or Permitting authorities to assist in the progression and completion of a project.
- Be a continuous subject matter expert. Expected to be a go-to resource.
- Progressive experience in OSP Engineering and OSP Construction in a Service Provider environment.
- Thorough knowledge of easements, rights-of-way, permitting, and other requirements associated with the use of public and private property.
- Thorough knowledge of other utilities and related utilities infrastructure.
- Detailed knowledge of FTTx and PON designs, including both centralized and distributed splits and splicing architectures.
- Working knowledge of OSP and ISP construction practices, including aerial plant, buried plant, underground plant, intra/inter building plant, and related NESC and OSHA approved practices.
- Ability to create accurate cost budgets and properly forecast project completion schedules.
- Must have a strong focus on quality and network sustainability (99.999% up time).
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision – must be driven and be able to define work tasks based upon project goal and corporate objectives.
- Must have strong communications skills – verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment. This includes the willingness and desire to share information, work collaboratively, and help others – both inside and outside of the Engineering & Technology group.
At OpenArc, we prioritize your career success and strive to build exceptional technical teams for our clients. By understanding your experience and aspirations, we ensure to present you with rewarding and fulfilling opportunities.
As an employee of OpenArc and our clients, you will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
OpenArc is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.