Job Summary: Responsible to incorporate Supplier Diversity as a natural part of the sourcing process. Communicate opportunities both formally and informally to the diverse supplier base and the diversity team. Maintain a focus on increasing spend with targeted categories and implementing programs that promote the growth, development and mentoring of diverse suppliers. Analyze current spend with a constant feel for what projects the operating units/staffs intend to source. Align strategic sourcing initiatives and work closely with all sourcing teams to understand decisions being made within Supply Chain. Enhance data collection with necessary resources to avoid misconceptions to what is a procurement initiative or not. Maintain processes related to the collection and retention of certifications for all diverse suppliers in the Supply Chain to ensure accurate counts for all diverse categories and commodities within each Business Unit.
• Set goals and have a process for measuring and reporting each operating units' Supplier Diversity goal
• Identify and help select the best Diverse suppliers to participate in qualified bid events throughout the company
• Provide resources to assist in the growth and development of diverse suppliers within our supplier base
• Identify opportunities for additional business through the entire procurement process
• Oversee the continuous evaluation and improvement of individual diverse suppliers
• Recommend qualified diverse suppliers to participate in competitive sourcing initiatives across all business units
• Provide mentoring and feedback to diverse suppliers regarding their bid submissions
• Develop and oversee the Company’s Tier II spend program to include opportunity identification and utilization by the company’s prime business partners and ongoing spend data gathering processes required to monitor and measure progress; work closely with Company Project Managers to ensure participation of diverse businesses in all major construction projects in a Tier II capacity
• Participate as a key member of company diversity and inclusion activities
• Develop a supplier mentorship program to assist diverse suppliers to grow and do business PPL companies
• Interact with the diverse business community through conferences, trade fairs and other events to help develop knowledge of the utility industry supplier base and serve as a key contact at external/internal events
• Align with strategic sourcing initiatives and gather support from other elements to help support the program
• Develop a communications/working network with external third-party providers that promote development and opportunities for diverse businesses at local, regional or national levels and represent the company as appropriate. Organizations
• Ensure that the Federal, State and local Government commitments are met and reported in a timely manner.
• Conduct supplier reviews with business units' senior leaders and internal executives to ensure alignment of future strategies
• Manage a comprehensive annual budget for advocacy groups, memberships, sponsorships, and related expenses
• Lead/Participate in various special project teams and industry groups on behalf of company
• Research, assess and implement new industry best practices with benchmarking other utility organizations
• Ensure alignment of program with overall corporate DE&I strategies
• If applicable, in-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
• Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers as necessary
• May be assigned an emergency and storm role.
• This role may support other operating companies as needed.
• Maintain supplier database for local and diverse suppliers qualified to do business with company
• Ensure validity and accurate of supplier certifications Business Line
• Experience in Supply Chain Management, Supplier Diversity and Procurement
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to network and collaborate internally and externally in multi-cultural environment and attend multiple advocacy conferences (NMSDC, WBENC, EEI, Disability: IN, NVSBD)
• Work experience in related areas such as Direct/Indirect Purchasing, Supplier Diversity Management, Reporting and Business Integration
• Possess both strong communications and Presentation skills (oral/written) and be able to effectively network with a variety of people at various levels within the company, supply base and business community
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.