Our company has a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer who will independently manage the day to day technical needs of installing, configuring and upgrading products within varying hospital environments. You will be the technical expert for most products and the technologies that our customers depend on. You will recommend, install, configure, and troubleshoot products as necessary, both remotely and onsite, to meet the needs of your colleagues as well as healthcare customers. The Systems Engineer ensures that products perform as designed and work in harmony with the company environment.
· Handle remote and onsite installs, upgrades and configurations of systems for customers.
· Resolve technical issues escalated by customers or internal departments as part of product installations and upgrades.
· Attend pre and post project calls as needed with hospital clients and co-workers to act as a technical system expert for products and technologies.
· Work with customer and project managers as a key stakeholder needed to align installation, upgrade and migration schedules, action items, and roles and responsibilities.
· Assist the department in authoring documentation to supplement and/or improve on current product and process materials. This may include creating or modifying diagrams, instruction manuals and checklists.
· Pro-actively provide feedback to internal departments on processes, procedures and recommendations for future product and deployment enhancements.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong understanding of enterprise level IT technologies, including:
o Enterprise server and software architecture
o SAN/NAS storage
o Networking TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Internet/Intranet technologies.
o Virtualization technologies and deployment procedures
o Windows security and system patch management
o VPN, security hardware and applications
o Remote access to administrate systems
o Windows workstations and servers through Windows 10
o Troubleshooting software, virtual, and hardware systems
· Possess ability in managing business travel, continuing education, expenses, and customer engagements independently.
· Must be comfortable speaking to customers and performing presentations with short notice and sometimes under less than optimal circumstances.
· Demonstrated strong customer service and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Capability to independently research and formulate solutions to technical problems.
· Possess strong knowledge of general business applications such as MS Office, text messaging, instant messenger, etc.
· Systems engineering experience within a technology, systems, or medical device company.
· High School Diploma or GED
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.